Breaking Barriers to Business
Tapping into a $25 billion market
Mission: To maximize revenue of local businesses by making Sarnia-Lambton an accessible destination.
Vision: Increase opportunities for business in Lambton County through provision of cost effective accessibility solutions.
The Breaking Barriers to Business program will:
- Distribute existing accessibility tools and resources to businesses through the information packages, assessment reports and the website
- Host accessible business training sessions at no cost
- Develop creative solutions to common accessibility issues by giving businesses the information and motivation to make their businesses more accessible
- Help businesses improve their accessibility
- Improve the lives of Sarnia-Lambton residents and visitors
- Market Sarnia-Lambton and Ontario as leaders in accessibility
The Breaking Barriers to Business: Accessibility Sarnia-Lambton program will promote accessibility to businesses in the tourism and hospitality sector in Sarnia-Lambton. The program is a model that could also adopted throughout Ontario. Local businesses will be assessed for accessibility using criteria developed using the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the accessibility standards (customer service, information and communication, employment, transportation, and specifically design of public spaces) as a basis.
Businesses, agencies, and individuals interested in the program should contact:
Natalie Normand, Project Coordinator, at 519-381-2116 or [email protected].