The event will consist of presentations about new technologies, trends, challenges and opportunities, with a discussion panel on Cap and Trade. The panel will take place in the morning, and will briefly touch on the basics of cap and trade: How it affects industry, the challenges that industry faces, what incentives are available to become more cap & trade ready, and what business opportunities the industry has to benefit monetarily from cap & trade.
The Sarnia-Lambton Energy Symposium is a unique knowledge sharing and networking event for innovators, technology suppliers and leaders who are in the Energy Market. As a participant, you’ll benefit from meeting and networking with your peers and experts and influencers face-to-face, exposure to new and innovative developments, having the opportunity to meet business leaders in the field, form new partnerships/relationships and strengthen the existing ones.
Confirmed Presenters Include;
- Neektika Sathe – Vice President, Corporate Development I PowerSteam Inc.: Innovation @ PowerStream
- Martin Vroegh – Senior Director, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Technologies at OCE: Target GHG
- Micheal Berends – Head of Carbon Sales at ClearBlue Markets
- Dr. Rajiv K. Varma, Senior Member IEEE – Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of UoW: Nighttime Solar Technology
- Dr. Murray McLaughlin – Advisor at Bioindustrial Innovation Canada: BIOHYBRID CLUSTER – An Opportunity for Economic Growth
- Josipa G. Petrunic, Ph.D. – Executive Director & CEO at Canadian Urban Transit Research and Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC): CUTRIC Plan-Ontario Electric Bus Demonstration & Intergration Trial: a pathway towards standardization of low-carbon electrified transit solution
- Mike Voll – Sector Leader, Microgrids and Energy Storage at Stantec: Energy Storage and Microgrids
- Gary Michor – CEO at ScreamingPower: Mobilizing Data for the Energy Industry
- Kamran Siddiqui – Ph.D., Mechanical & Materials Engineering Professor at University of Western: Thermal Storage system: Significance and Challenges
- Peter Smith – Energy Consultant: on the board of the Sierra Club Canada Foundation
- Nik Schruder – Sr. Manager, Program & Partner Services, Conservation at Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)