Excellent location to view the pleasure craft & freighters as they pass up & down the St. Clair River.
Also, located on the St. Clair River Trail.
In August, 2015 Brander Park a new Pavillion, Splash Pad was unveiled.
Also unveiled was the first of two plaques of the Heritage Plaques Program of Heritage St. Clair, the Municipal Heritage Committee of St. Clair Township. The first plaque recognizes the settlement of Bâby Point as the first European community established in Lambton County in Shawanese Township in what would later become Sombra Township. The plaque is being unveiled on the 200th anniversary of the founding of the Bâby Point settlement.
The second plaque commemorates the former site of the home owned by Dr. Maud Leonora Menten, who was born in Port Lambton and later became one of the earliest female doctors in the province of Ontario. When working with Dr. Leonor Michaelis in Germany, they formulated the Michaelis-Menten equation, considered in the 21st century to be an even more vital building block in bio-chemistry than when they first published their theory in 1913.